Here’s some literature I found on the website I found going over an exact kind of crap I was leaving
- first of all, is .swf (flash) supported? its not mentioned anywhere but mediainfo finds mpeg-audio streams in some of them (albeit with bitrate 0).. i’m not sure if those are really mpeg audio streams, but it could very well be so..
- i guess “S-Mpeg 4 v3” should really be “MS-Mpeg 4 v3”, right?
- why is the mpeg container called “MPEG 1 Multiplexer” instead of simply “MPEG 1”? is this the official name?
- “MPEG-4 Video” should maybe renamed to “MPEG-4 (A)SP” and “MPEG-4 AVC” to better differentiate the two variants
- while “MPEG-4 Audio” is technically correct, i think it would be more helpfull for users if you would write “MPEG-4 Audio (AAC)” and maybe even “MPEG-4 Audio (HE-AAC)” too.
- the codecs in this .mov here (http://download.theforce.net/theater…_web_large.zip) are not recognised at all. according to mplayer they should be “ima4” (IMA ADPCM) for audio and “SVQ3” (Sorensen Video 3) for the video track.
- this movie here (http://www.kollektiv-kaffeemaschine….erarbeitQT.mov) has exactly the same codecs, but this time “ima4” is detected as a second video track instead of the audio track.
- i would appreciate it if the actual FOURCC would be displayed somewhere in conjunction with your “translated” description
- whenever there is no audio or video track in a container, the codec name is displayed in the format-column too instead of the real container name, which is very confusing (at least for me).
- i have another .mov on my hd (sorry, no link) which isn’t recognised at all too. codecs are “Sorensen Video 3” and uncompressed pcm audio (FOURCC: “twos”). i can upload it somewhere if you want.
that’s it for now, more to come later =)
29th June 2005, 10:59
One response to “Forumdoom9.org”
You keep strange company